Monday, January 28, 2008

lessons must be learned

So I am trying to get better about keeping this thing semi-up to date on life. I always have so many creative ideas and I think "Man I should write a blog about that!" Well then I don't! I am trying to convince my hubby to write one too, so be on the look out for one in the near future! :)

So right now my life consists of studying and studying and more studying. We have the mother of all exams on June 10th and the prayers are greatly appreciated from now until that date! haha! So this semester is focusing on preparing for that test and learning the material from this semester itself. I must say, the most controversial class we have right now in school, and I venture to say throughout our whole medical education, is our "sex ed" class as we call it. OK people, I think most of us by now have an idea about the process of reproducing, however, this class takes it to a whole new level. Don't get me wrong there are plenty important points we need to know, but I am going to opt out of offering you the details of some of the more...disturbing parts.


Every once in a while I get the bright idea of wanting to go somewhere next year. We are young, why not? I want to head south and live in a country that speaks Spanish and learn that junk for real!! I offer the suggestion to Josh and I guess reality sets in and I know we cant, but man that would be sweet.


I think medical school has been the biggest point of growth in my relationship with Christ for many reasons, however, many of these lessons have not been fun to learn. I am a hard headed kid who apparently doesn't get things very easily. There will be plenty more of that to come in the future, but one of the biggest lessons I feel like I am learning now involves trust. I guess I never thought I had an issue with trusting the Lord, but I am being made aware that I am a little off in that statement. I have to trust God above any person, I have to trust Him to lead my heart and mind in how to follow Him. I have to trust Him with the things and people I cannot change and the reconciliation I desire. I have to trust Him to provide my heart with compassion and love when I fight those two things by my flesh.

So like school, I mean medical school, is not enough... there are quite a few more lessons that are being learned by this chica right now, and I guess that is not that terrible of a place to be. OK, enough ramblings... I am being called back to the drugs that treat leprosy. Farewell my peeps.

No comments: